HIFU: the ultimate non-surgical face lift!
The quest for a way to look more youthful is never ending, one of the concerns I hear about the most is definitely regarding the lower face. Sagging of the skin, the drooping of jowls, loss of definition in the jawline and cheekbones – to name but a few. It can be very overwhelming (and sudden!) and feel like a surgical facelift is the only solution.
Fortunately, being part of such a tech savvy generation there are now many ways to reverse ageing, in a much more accessible, non-invasive and safer way than your standard surgical procedure.
What is HIFU & how does it work?
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound or HIFU, is a revolutionary non-invasive treatment that is quickly becoming one o the most popular options for those looking to improve their appearance and achieve a more youthful look. HIFU uses high-frequency sound waves to heat and cause trauma in a specific area of the face or body, making it a safe and effective option for addressing a variety of skin concerns.
One of the key benefits of HIFU is that it is a non-invasive procedure, meaning that there are no incisions or anaesthesia required. This makes it an ideal option for those who want to improve their appearance without the risks and downtime associated with surgical procedures. Additionally, HIFU is a quick and easy treatment that can be completed in a single session, with minimal recovery time required.
Another benefit of HIFU is that the results can be long-lasting, with many people seeing visible improvement for several months or even years. It is an excellent alternative for those who are not ready for more invasive procedures such as a surgical facelift and want to maintain the result for a longer time.
Overall, HIFU is a safe and effective treatment that can help you achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance without the risks and downtime associated with surgical procedures.
What to expect on the day of your HIFU treatment?
- Consultation: Before the treatment, you will have a consultation with one of our skilled practitioners to discuss your concerns and goals, and to ensure that HIFU is the right treatment option for you. They will also give you an idea of what to expect during and after the procedure.
- Preparing the skin: Your skin will be cleaned and prepared before the procedure. This will include the application of an ultrasound gel to the target areas to facilitate the transmission of ultrasonic energy. Your practitioner will draw a map and numbers on your face of where and how deep the treatment will go depending on your own personal anatomy.
- The treatment: The HIFU machine is placed on the skin, a button Is pressed, making a slight zapping sound, you may feel a little heat during this where the machine is delivering focused ultrasonic energy to the specific area of the skin, where the tightening and rejuvenation is happening.
- This process is repeated as necessary based on your desired results and skin condition. Once the treatment is complete your skin with be cleansed of any excess gel, aftercare will then be applied to protect and moisturise the skin.
- The final step: Follow up with your practitioner for evaluation of the results, including any necessary maintenance treatments. This is usually 3 months post treatment.
How will HIFU help you and who is a suitable candidate?
HIFU is suitable for anyone looking for a non-invasive way to improve the appearance of ageing skin, including fine lines and wrinkles, without undergoing surgery. It is often recommended for people with mild to moderate skin laxity who want to achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance. You can expect HIFU to help with anything from improving skin texture, firmness, facial contouring, enhancing skin elasticity, and help to reduce any fine lines. It is important to note that results will vary from person to person and may depend on factors such as skin type, the extent of skin damage and the number of treatments received.
What is the downtime and after care of HIFU?
The downtime of HIFU can vary slightly depending on the person, unlike a surgical facelift taking months to heal and a long list of aftercare to follow, HIFU can range from a few hours to a few days. Some common side effects include redness, slight swelling and mild discomfort in the treated area, but these usually resolve quickly. Patients are able to resume normal activities soon after the procedure but are advised to avoid strenuous activities and excessive heat exposure for a few days. It is important to follow the aftercare provided by the medical provider to minimize downtime and optimise results.
Hifu or Ultherapy?
Ultherapy and HIFU are essentially the same treatment, as they are both forms of focused ultrasound. Ultherapy however is the older technology, and we use the Ultraformer 3 which is the more modern device. Although Ultherapy does have ultrasound incorporated, this is essentially the only difference, and when seeing a skilled practitioner is not necessary. Our practitioners have actually worked with both devices, and we chose Hifu as the sessions were less painful/uncomfortable and the treatment appointments took much less time.
Not sure if this is the right treatment for you? If you would like a personalised treatment plan or advice, then please don’t hesitate to email us some clear pictures of the area you are looking to treat, and we will happily review for you. You can also book a free consultation online
Ready to book? Simply give us a call on 020 3900 2756, or book your Non Surgical facelift treatment online